Re: Installing a diesel heater

Stefan and Anne Deerberg

Hi Paul!

We had a webasto 10kw hydronic water heater on our previous Beneteau 50. We sailed in the Baltic winter and the boat was pretty warm in all cabins, even the temperature dropped under zero Celsius.
We are planning to install the same heater in our SM 2000, before we sailing up north to Greenland.
In our Truck, where we lived all the year, we had very good experience with the Planar 44D, a air van heater from Russia.

All the best

Stefan
SV OYA, SM 373
Le Marin / Martinique
sailing.oya

Stefan Deerberg

Geschäftsführer
Deerberg GmbH
Unternehmer/ Entrepreneur

Velgen 35
29582 Hanstedt
Germany

Mobil: +49 172 7757444
stefan.deerberg@...
www.deerberg.de

On 9. Nov 2020, at 19:51, Paul Osterberg <osterberg.paul.l@...> wrote:

Hello again Arnold!
What size of heater do you have? I'm lean towards the Webasto 9 Kw, a bit small if one follow the guidelines from the suppliers, but I do not need room temperature all over the boat, if I can keep 17 degree C i most of the boat, or 19 in the saloon and 17 in the after cabin, and keep the front cabin closed. I'm happy. it's another 1 k€ to go up one size!
Paul SY Kerpa SM#259