Re: Just completed a 2900nm tough passage - two little switches almost ruined my month: Bilge Float Switch and Volvo D3-110C auxiliary stop

Scott SV Tengah

Jamie,

Sorry for the slow reply.

I haven't installed it yet but I have an additional one of these aboard:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000JOK11K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apap_BwgJiFawCYt3r

Plan would be to zip tie the sensor somewhere along the outside of the tube. The alarm unit itself will be mounted on the cavity behind the water maker panel or near the steering rack.

The included cable is a little less than 2 meters but it's 9v and the instructions explicitly say you can extend it. I figure 3 meters total should be more than enough.

This is the same alarm I installed by the stuffing box. Works like a charm.

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69