Re: Lithium Batteries under Consideration

Brent Cameron

I believe that you need to upgrade your Mastervolt Alpha I regulator to an Alpha III to support LiFePO4 batteries.

Brent

On Nov 15, 2020, 5:00 AM -0500, Dean Gillies <stella@...>, wrote:
Hi Elja,
You are correct, maybe the Lithium batteries will last longer, but maybe not. we don't really know!
I know from experience the AGM's should last 5 years.  I think its unlikely that the Lithium's would last 12.5 years. I will base my thinking on 7-8 years for the Lithium option which makes them effectively double the cost.

Brent, I think I've tracked down my Mastervolt (Chargemaster 24/100-3) chargers and as far as I can ascertain, they are adjustable via MasterBus for a lithium charging profile.

Still need to work out about the alternator charging ability. It's all a bit difficult from the other side of the planet!
Many thanks
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154