More battery questions

ngtnewington Newington

Sorry to go on about batteries……

I have 8 Lifeline AGM batteries set up as four pairs of 24v. So the four pairs are in parallel. I set them up as I found the original and as Amel must have set them up. That is I have not installed a battery balancer.

At the moment I am on the boat half time so the batteries end up being 100% charged for weeks and months on end from the solar system which will hopefully balance them up.

Given the cost of a balancer from Victron  energy of about $100 and the value of the battery bank I should install one.

Does anyone have an opinion on this and know if I only need one balancer or should I buy two?

Kind regards

Nick

S/Y Amelia
AML 54-019 Leros Gr