foresail furler SM 2000

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi all, we have problems with our jib furler, the part that swivels at the top of the fore stay. The bearings are worn and the sleave on the inside of the bearings is worn. We need either replacement parts or perhaps a new swivel unit unit would be the simplest way. We are cruising in Maine USA currently at Rockland. Any one have experience with this problem? does anyone know of a US supplier of these parts or swivel units? Is the unit an Amel special or is it one of the available brands?

While I am asking about the jib furler, I understand the foil is grease filled. Is this independant of the gearbox or does the jib foil grease supply the gear box also?

Kind Regards
Danny and Yvonne SM 299