Re: More battery questions

Dean Gillies

Nick,

I would recommend balancers as I have personal experience of AGM getting unbalanced, and I believe this should be avoided. Especially since the balancer is cheap.

Victron suggest their balancer can be used for up to 3x 200Ah strings (pairs), so I would suggest you use two balancers.  You should connect the midpoints of two strings together and use the balancer on two strings.  Do this twice for your 4 strings.

I will be doing something similar with my 6 strings if my replacement batteries end up being AGM.

Cheers
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154