Re: More battery questions

ngtnewington Newington

Dean,

Thanks I will order a pair. I checked the Lifeline technical data and general information and they say nothing about balancing. They do talk about not mixing old with new, but we all know that batteries age differently so it makes sense to balance.

Nick
AML 54-019

On 17 Nov 2020, at 11:38, Dean Gillies <stella@...> wrote:

Nick,

I would recommend balancers as I have personal experience of AGM getting unbalanced, and I believe this should be avoided. Especially since the balancer is cheap.

Victron suggest their balancer can be used for up to 3x 200Ah strings (pairs), so I would suggest you use two balancers.  You should connect the midpoints of two strings together and use the balancer on two strings.  Do this twice for your 4 strings.

I will be doing something similar with my 6 strings if my replacement batteries end up being AGM.

Cheers
Dean
SY Stella
A54-154