Re: Amel original hard antifouling?

Scott, I was told that Amel used the International Micron series, including Micron 66 and the less effective Micron Extra were used in the past. I believe that Hempel makes a reasonably good hard antifouling. They have several ranges including one for fast boats that you do not want. I am not 100% sure which one you want for cruising, although I suspect it is Hempel Cruising Performer.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 10:30 AM Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:
Thanks Bill.

We are scraping as much as we can and then going to feather sand and paint over it. The yard here can't do soda blasting so I don't want to risk a hand sanding. Tengah is 13 years old so maybe next time around its time to go down to gel coat.

The manual specifies a hard bottom paint so I presume it was something other than the self ablative Shogun 33. Any idea which hard paints were used in the past?

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69