Replacing standing rigging - advice for other jobs?

Trey Cobb

Hi all,

I'm the new caretaker of Balthazar (A54-102). Due to a fracture on the main sail foil, it is being replaced and I'm taking the opportunity to also replace the original mainsail. In the process of taking down the mast, a crack was found in the original standing rigging so we've decided the timing is good to have it all replaced as well.

Since the boat is hauled out and the mast is down, are there any other preventative maintenance jobs I should consider? I am replacing the main mast sole. Anything else you wish you had done when having your own rigging replaced?

Thanks,
Trey Cobb.