Re: Replacing standing rigging - advice for other jobs?

Matt Salatino

Make sure to get an antenna cable with tinned copper shielding. Non tinned shielding turns to dust in a few years.

~~~⛵️~~~Matt

On Nov 21, 2020, at 2:13 PM, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Trey,

The VHF coax cable in the mainmast is good for 10-20 years. Maybe now is a good time. Choose a high-quality low-loss coax if you do this.
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sat, Nov 21, 2020 at 1:08 PM Trey Cobb <tcobb775@...> wrote:
Hi all,

I'm the new caretaker of Balthazar (A54-102). Due to a fracture on the main sail foil, it is being replaced and I'm taking the opportunity to also replace the original mainsail. In the process of taking down the mast, a crack was found in the original standing rigging so we've decided the timing is good to have it all replaced as well.

Since the boat is hauled out and the mast is down, are there any other preventative maintenance jobs I should consider? I am replacing the main mast sole. Anything else you wish you had done when having your own rigging replaced?

Thanks,
Trey Cobb.