Re: Lithium Batteries under Consideration

Arno Luijten

Hi Randall,

I'm not exactly sure but I think the current price-point is around USD 400 each and you would need 10 in total to get similar capacity as for 12 AGMs. The weight of these batteries is slightly higher so putting in 12 may give problems with the boat listing to starboard. As the usable capacity per battery is higher then for AGM, I will order 10 pieces to replace my failing AGM set. I'm also planning to replace the starter battery with one of these batteries as a sort of spare battery. In case one fails I have a spare as starter batteries are much more easy to obtain. So in total I'm ordering 11 pieces.

Regards,

Arno Luijten