Re: A54 bow thruster seal replacement?

I have done this job several times, but each time the 54 never had the seals replaced since new.

The issue I ran into was getting the lower unit separated from the motor. I had to seek out a sizeable puller.

I believe that if you are going to do this that in addition to the parts you have from Amel, you will also want to buy a new flexible coupling. It is likely that you have the original two-piece Flexible Coupling. It has been replaced by the Side-Power One-Piece Flexible Coupling for SE120 Through SE170 Thrusters (3"X2 3/8"X3"). There was no issue with fit.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Fri, Nov 27, 2020 at 11:47 AM Mohammad Shirloo <mshirloo@...> wrote:

Hi Scott;

We did replace the seals in 2018 at the Manoel Yard in Malta. We did not have any issues either, but had the seals and the yard replaced them for us. Typically I personally watch any work being done on Kokomo and never have anyone do any work without my own presence. This was one of the jobs that I had to check in on, once in a while, as we had multiple items being worked on at the same time. So, I do not have a good recollection of the steps required.

Is there a specific question? I may have the answer or be able to reach out to the yard and get you what you need.

Happy Sailing;

Mohammad and Aty

B&B Kokomo

AMEL 54 #099