Re: engine exhaust high temp alarm Sea Chest Clog Alarm

Eric Freedman

I did not bother to wire my sensor into the ignition switch, It is always on .

The photo attached was my motivation for installing the sensor.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 11:49 PM
To: 'main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io'
Subject: RE: [AmelYachtOwners] engine exhaust high temp alarm Sea Chest Clog Alarm

Hi Miles,

Order one with both wires about 15 feet long, 24 volts. The stock setup comes with a short negative wire to be attached to normal engine wiring and a long positive wire.

I just ran mine along the wiring running across the forward end of the engine room with all the other wires and up into the port locker and along the back of the area where the rotary autopilot is usually mounted. I mounted the alarm enunciator in the wall of the companionway where the nameplate is mounted. There are plenty of places to pick up 24 volts near that position. If you hot wire it just put a small fuse in line with the unit. It’s a 1 hour project for 1 person.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

http://www.borelmfg.com/singraw.pdf

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Miles
Sent: Monday, November 30, 2020 4:29 PM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] engine exhaust high temp alarm Sea Chest Clog Alarm

Hi Eric,

I am sold on this and I am getting one.  Where did you take the power from?  Is yours 12V or 24 V (I guess that these questions have one answer).  Did you need a longer wire? 

As always, thanks.

Regards,

Miles

s/y Ladybug, sm 216,  in Le Marin, Martinique

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.