Re: engine exhaust high temp alarm Sea Chest Clog Alarm

Hi all,

I had the Borel exhaust manifold alarm. Fortunately, I never needed it. I heard that Borel is no longer making them.

But, anyway, if I had it to do over again, this is what I would buy:
image.png
This comes with 4 sensors and can be used to monitor exhaust temperature, as well as, battery temperature and alternator temperature. It comes with an external alarm and you program alarms for each sensor. With all of the battery issues caused by overcharging and boiling, if I were going to install a temperature alarm, this is what I would buy.

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Dec 1, 2020 at 2:10 AM Ian Park <parkianj@...> wrote:
I bought one from NASA, the boat instrument manufacturer. Cost @£82.00 including sensor which cable ties to the exhaust pipe. Easy to fit.
In Denmark last summer I neglected to turn the raw water seacock back on after cleaning out the strainer. Motored to fuel berth and filled up, started the engine again and within 15 seconds the exhaust alarm reminded me of my error! Saved my raw water pump impeller and seals plus a load more serious stuff. Should be a standard fitting for any boat especially in a weed prone area.

Ocean Hobo