Re: Any SM owners use a Beta engine??

Mark Barter

Thanks for all of the help with this.

The fitter is modifying the rails and the mounts and also moving the alternator to the opposite side.

The problem with the gearbox is that they ordered a straight gearbox and not what they have described as a "drop box". The drop box means that the exit part of the gearbox is lower than the input side if that makes sense. The engine simply won't fit with a straight gearbox.

Can anyone tell me what model of gearbox has been successfully fitted because we need to find one ASAP.

We are currently tied to an exposed wall of a boatyard and a storm is expected tomorrow. We are being towed to a marina today which I am not looking forward to at all.

Thanks again for the invaluable help.

--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky