Re: Any SM owners use a Beta engine??

Dan Wilcox

Here is what I got.
HR = high rise, gear ratio was determined by prop used (I have a max prop )

Inline image

I worked with Stan @ Beta Marine US Ltd.
tel 252.249.2473 or 877.227.2473

I went overboard with 4" rails.

 Thanks, Dan
Feierabend SM#86

Inline image
Inline image
Inline image
Inline image

On Thursday, December 3, 2020, 01:30:59 PM PST, michael winand via groups.io <mfw642000@...> wrote:

We have the tmc260  on the the Beta 60.
Michael  sm251

On Thu, 3 Dec 2020 at 4:08 pm, Mark Barter
<markbarter100@...> wrote:
Thanks for all of the help with this.

The fitter is modifying the rails and the mounts and also moving the alternator to the opposite side.

The problem with the gearbox is that they ordered a straight gearbox and not what they have described as a "drop box". The drop box means that the exit part of the gearbox is lower than the input side if that makes sense. The engine simply won't fit with a straight gearbox.

Can anyone tell me what model of gearbox has been successfully fitted because we need to find one ASAP.

We are currently tied to an exposed wall of a boatyard and a storm is expected tomorrow. We are being towed to a marina today which I am not looking forward to at all.

Thanks again for the invaluable help.

--
Mark & Nicky Barter
S/V Nunky