Re: A54 bilge pump problems...

Sv Garulfo

Chris,

The key point of the mcGiver repair is to nail the plastic ring to the aluminum wheel. Craig describes that nicely in his post. I then opted to fill the remaining gap in the ring with epoxy. Simply by closing the sides by pinning a couple of cardboard sheets with a clothing peg and letting a drop of epoxy in the gap. Let it cure, and with a dremel tool, cut a new groove to accommodate the regular spacing of the gears. Test it and file the groove until the motion is smooth.

Thomas

On Fri, 4 Dec 2020 at 22:14, Chris Likins <likinsca@...> wrote:

Thomas,

I managed to get the whole clutch taken out finally. You can see the gap in the nylon gear. I do have an entire spare pump (although the motor shaft is snapped in half) so I am hoping to salvage the clutch off of that pump if it is still in good condition. The spare pump is currently in the shop and its a holiday weekend here in Thailand so I have to wait until Tuesday to find out...

In the old thread you posted, you mentioned you epoxied the old nylon gear to repair it. Can you give a little bit more detail of exactly how you did that?

Thank you!