Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: bow thruster service. Problem

Santorin LO

Hi All,

Just to update you, for a quick fix, I put just VERY little silicon around the worn seal and then used old inner tube cut wrapped around the the shaft pressed to the bottom where it goes into the hole (above the seal) - 600miles with the bow diving frequently - not a drop came in, the better thing - less then a minute to remove and safely moored in the marina.

Now, before ordering the maintenance kit, an anyone tell me what need to check / maintain replace on the electric motor bottom (Bill - you mentioned something and I was also told there is a bearing better be replaced after a while.

Will be back with more topics when lift on the hard soon...

Rgds