Re: [Amel Yacht Owners] Re: bow thruster service. Problem

There is not a general rule as to what needs to be replaced, but for a good overall view of what you might need to do (some, maybe all) go to this Super Maramu overhaul of the Bow Thruster:

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Sun, Dec 6, 2020 at 2:02 PM Santorin LO via groups.io <santorinlo18=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

Just to update you, for a quick fix, I put just VERY little silicon around the worn seal and then used old inner tube cut wrapped around the the shaft pressed to the bottom where it goes into the hole (above the seal) - 600miles with the bow diving frequently - not a drop came in, the better thing - less then a minute to remove and safely moored in the marina.

Now, before ordering the maintenance kit, an anyone tell me what need to check / maintain replace on the electric motor bottom (Bill - you mentioned something and I was also told there is a bearing better be replaced after a while.

Will be back with more topics when lift on the hard soon...

Rgds