Re: Heater and fuel bladder

eric freedman

Hi Jeff,

Kimberlite came with a couple of blowers mounted under the port coming in my port locker.

I was hooked to ductwork to blow fresh air into the aft cabin, the main cabin , and the forward cabin.

It was very easy to hook an Espar heater into this system as the ductwork was in place. I don’t know if the 54 was supplied with this option.

If you do not have these ducts, then I agree that hot water with blowers is the way to go.

I think you will find pumping the fuel into the tank a lot easier than using fuel nozzle. You also do not get air into the bladder.

In the interim If you turn on the stove and open the companionway a crack it heats up the main cabin nicely.

Some old timers used to use red clay flower pots over the burners to act as radiators.

I am off to Kimberlite on the 12th and will return on the 21st

Dinner?

Fair Winds

Eric

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of JEFFREY KRAUS
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2020 6:40 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Heater and fuel bladder

Eric,
I'm not sure what you mean about a forced air system.
It was cold north of the gulf stream. I had a small propane heater for the trip. It worked but it was a temporary solution. 
That bladder looks like the same one I have. I got it from Roberto.
Best Regards,
Jeff 
Spirit Amel 54 #14 
Shinnecock, NY

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.