Re: 3 topics Smart Regulator Hydronic diesel heater

JEFFREY KRAUS

Good Morning Alan,
At the risk of sounding stupid, what do you mean by "low SOC batteries?"
I avoid letting my battery voltage drop below 24volts. They are standard lead acid.
I was also looking into a means to shut off the alternator from charging. Is your last sentence a description of that?
Overcharging on extended periods of motoring has presented problems, and if I could have the option of shutting off the charging circuit from the alternator to the batteries, it would be fail safe for the battery bank.
Best Regards,
Jeff
Spirit Amel 54 #14