Re: Cleaning fresh water tank on my SM2K

eric freedman

I had cleaned my tank using a method outlined by Peggy Hall “The head lady” in her book.  She at one time owned Raritan.

She suggests using a strong solution of Clorox, then rinsing the tank with water. She then says add white vinegar to the tank and then rinse,

When I ran the water after an hour with the vinegar in the tank the water came out blue. I don’t think vinegar agrees with the copper on some

of the plumbing. I immediately pumped the tank and rinsed with fresh water.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Slavko Despotovic
Sent: Monday, December 07, 2020 5:31 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Cleaning fresh water tank on my SM2K

Hi,

I hove done some research on net and there are some sailors that use white vinegar for tank cleaning. It is more environmentally  friendly. Anyone have used this method for water tank cleaning? 
here is a link with explanation https://rvblogger.com/blog/safe-sanitize-rv-water-tank-vinegar/
I use white vinegar for my coffee machine cleaning and it is very successful. It is interesting that machine heats up the mixture of water in vinegar before it goes trough the machine. 
My water tank needs to be cleaned so I am looking for the best and friendly procedure.

Slavko
SM 2000
#279 Bonne Anse in Portoroz

Join main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.