Re: Heater and fuel bladder

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Yes there are but increasingly they are being recognized as being dangerous. In older homes that were less airtight, not as bad. But in the modern home with the modern attitude of shut everything up, very dangerous. It is all about volume. In a home with the internal doors open there is a reasonable volume. One room with doors and windows tight shut, very different.

Take care good friends.

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 08 December 2020 at 09:49 "Matt Salatino via groups.io" <helmsmatt@...> wrote:

There are indoor propane heaters. I believe they recommend leaving a window cracked

~~~ ⛵️~~~ Matt

On Dec 7, 2020, at 3:00 PM, Danny and Yvonne SIMMS < simms@...> wrote:

There was a very sad case in New Zealand a few years back. It was four guys out on a mountain hunting trip. One night they were in a mountain hut and it was very cold so they brought the gas barbecue inside and left it running all night. In the morning three were dead and the survivor had his nose close to the gap under the door. Carbon monoxide is the killer I believe, odorless and the effects are insidious.

In the past on a previous boat I used the gas stove to warm us at 2 am after a race, but not any more

Regards

Danny

SM 299 Ocean Pearl

On 08 December 2020 at 07:14 eric freedman < kimberlite@...> wrote:

Peter,

I used the stove. The same one we cook on.  I seemed to have survived the use as a heater as I ran it for 1 ½ days

years ago before installing the Espar Heater.

Fair Winds

Eric

Amel Super Maramu #376