Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 7:08 AM ianjenkins1946 <ianjudyjenkins@...> <ianjudyjenkins@...> wrote:
Welcome, Martin and Anke,

 We spent three years in Chile on Pen Azen including two seasons ( 2003 and 2005) in and around the Beagle Channel and also got to know Mariolina and Giorgio and their wonderful cruising guide ( we even feature with a small entry in their second edition ).

 Very envious of your going back! An Amel is the perfect boat for those waters.

Ian and Judy, Pen Azen, SM 302, Kilada, Greece

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> on behalf of Martin Birkhoff <mbirkhoff@...>
Sent: 08 December 2020 12:33
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io>
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] It´s time to introduce ourselves.

It´s time to introduce ourselves.
We are Anke and Martin Birkhoff from Worpswede in Germany. Homeport of our Amel is Bremen, Germany.

We started our sailing careers in 1978 (Anke) and (1985) Martin. Since 1998 we spent our time sailing SV “Just do it” a bilge keel 39 feet Reinke Super 11. This is a double chine aluminum design of German engineer Kurt Reinke. Sailing areas have been Baltic Ocean and North Sea. From 2004 to 2009 we made a circumnavigation including Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. Here it happened after meeting Mariolina Rolfo and Giorgio Adrizzi and their Amel "Saudade III" in Ushuaia that we decided if we ever would buy a GRP design it has to be an Amel.

In 2016 we changed to our 54 Mago del Sur (ex Bronwyn owned by Robin Griffith who did a circumnavigation with her from 2011 to 2013). During the last years she got a refit and now she is ready to start milemunching again. Ok, there are still one or two repairs to be done ...

Anke and I are landscape architects. She is civil servant in the Government of Bremen, I Martin had run my own company for environmental impact studies and landscape architecture.

We plan to sail the Med in 2021 and leave for Caribean waters end of the year. Than continuing through the Panama Chanal and heading South to Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego again. To be continued …

Martin

SV Mago del Sur – 54#40