Re: It´s time to introduce ourselves.

Martin Birkhoff

Wow, what a surprise, Giorgio,

we never expected to meet you this way. How are you and Mariolina? Nice to hear that you are sailing “Saudade III” still today. Now you can recognize your long lasting influence to our decisions!

Dear Amelians, reading Giorgios unexpected email and your welcoming responses makes us feel like joining a family.

Georgio, in 2007 we continued north from Ushuaia, had to cancel our trip to Juan Fernandez island due to cracks in our mast support and to head for Higuerillas, Chile. After finishing the repairs we sailed the Chilean and Peruvian coast northbound, visited Galapagos and continued to French Polynesia. From Tahiti Anke had to return to Germany in June 2008. The Government refused to extend her leave and she decided not to quit her job. I promised to sail back “Just do it” to Bremen within 12 month. I returned via Red Sea and Med but failed the promised time. “Just do its” arrived in her homeport in October 2009. By the way, after our first proof while sailing Anke and I continued the proofing process some 6 further years. After ten years of proofing we decided this should be sufficient and married in 2015.

We still keep your Patagonian Guide and it will guide us during the next years for sure. We still keep the Atlas Hydrografico de Chile too. Rich memories and useful.

Martin and Anke
SV Mago del Sur – 54#40