Re: Secondary Saltwater Manifold SMs & 54s, and possibly some Santorins, Mangos, and Maramus

Arno,

That will be my next project.

For some unknown reason, my experience is that the 54 primary manifold, even though technically the same as the SM, seems to fail before the SM.  I think it has something to do with the threaded section of that part. It seems to oxidize like mild steel. Since I am not aboard a SM or 54, I am not able to make a comparrison of the two. Also, I am not sure why Amel turned the output of the sea chest to the starboard side of the sea chest on the 54. The output of the sea on the SM is on the port side of the sea chest, as well as most of the things connected.

I am getting ahead of myself, but it would be great if the same PVC replacement for the primary saltwater manifold could be used on both the SM & 54 by turning the sea chest on the 54 about 180 degrees.

Best,

CW Bill Rouse
Amel Owners Yacht School
+1 832-380-4970 | brouse@...
720 Winnie, Galveston Island, Texas 77550
www.AmelOwnersYachtSchool.com

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020, 6:29 PM Arno Luijten <arno.luijten@...> wrote:
Hi Bill,

I’m interested as well (SV Luna A54-121). Can they also offer an alternative for the Primary manifold?

Kind regards,

Arno Luijten
SV Luna,
A54-121