Re: A54 Nav station seat replacement

Barry Connor

Hi Scott,

If you pull the cover from the bottom seat section you will see that the plastic frame is all broken.
I tried filling the inside of the plastic seat base with dense foam from a can after glueing the bits together with Gorilla glue, worked for awhile.
I just bought a new plastic seat frame from Amel Caraibes, just over 100€. Put the leather cover over this new frame. The base seat I bought was slightly smaller and now turns 360 degrees on the base. Had to put some extra foam padding under the leather cover.

Very Best

Barry snd Penny
“SV Lady Penelope II”
Amel 54.  #17
Le Marin Martinique

On Dec 9, 2020, at 17:53, Scott SV Tengah <Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:

Hi all,

Has anyone repaired or replaced their A54 nav station seat?

The back support portion on ours now reclines back 120degrees relative to the seat portion. The culprit is that the back/seat are supported by a white plastic frame that has cracked allowing the back support portion to recline too far. This is quite odd as neither myself nor the admiral are heavy people, but..."it's a boat!".

There's also a hard spot right in the middle of the seat portion that makes sitting there quite uncomfortable if you don't sit just right.

Anyone have similar problems and fixed it? Or anyone have suggestions on how to fix it? Furniture is not my strong suit.

-Scott

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69