I also had an uncomfortable spot right in the middle of the seat @ the nav station; it almost looked something was trying to poke thru the leather. Last year December, when AMELIT went on the hard @ THE BOAT WORKS YARD MARINA in COOMERA QLD AUSTRALIA (55 acres packed with an abundance of Marine Craftsmen), I decided to have the helm seat; the nav station seat as well as the vanity station seat in the Master Cabin re-upholstered. After a couple of days I ran into the upholsterer and he asked me what I had done to the NAV station seat; he took me to his shop and the plastic seat pan was completely cracked & destroyed. Although I am fat I am pretty sure this didn’t happen during my ownership. Anyhow – it seems you are not the only one with this problem.

Not sure how Michael from MELFI Designs fixed it but he told me not to worry. All seats are now back on the boat but I have not seen & tested them myself but Sue & Brian MITCHELL (AMEL SM - SV LOLA) who generously keep an eye on AMELIT tell me it all looks good.

Best Regards Teun

December 9, 2020 15:51:20

From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io <main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott SV Tengah via groups.io
Sent: Wednesday, December 9, 2020 14:53
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] A54 Nav station seat replacement

Hi all,

Has anyone repaired or replaced their A54 nav station seat?

The back support portion on ours now reclines back 120degrees relative to the seat portion. The culprit is that the back/seat are supported by a white plastic frame that has cracked allowing the back support portion to recline too far. This is quite odd as neither myself nor the admiral are heavy people, but..."it's a boat!".

There's also a hard spot right in the middle of the seat portion that makes sitting there quite uncomfortable if you don't sit just right.

Anyone have similar problems and fixed it? Or anyone have suggestions on how to fix it? Furniture is not my strong suit.

-Scott

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69