Re: A54 Nav station seat replacement

Scott SV Tengah

Thanks everyone for the comments.

We're in Tahiti now so probably will wait until a cheaper place (anywhere!!!) before we buy a replacement. The leather cover is getting a bit tired, so it's probably time to just replace it.

Jamie - did you redrill the holes on the chair or the Amel stainless plate? I presume the former but I want to check to make sure. Also, is the plate under the seat reasonably strong? We don't like going upwind but Neptune knows that so we end up doing 40 degrees apparent more often than I like and want the seat frame to be strong so I don't land on my head.

I'm thinking of this one:

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 2:08 PM Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:
I had the same problem. The plastic seat was totally busted.
After contacting Amel, they told me they cannot supply a replacement, so I looked on line.
I found a really good replacement at Wayfair in the US.
I bought 2 different styles called "Clay Stool by Wade Logan" just to have a spare.
You have to redrill the existing holes, but it is very easy to adapt and works just like the original.
No one would know it is not the original - maybe not quite as comfortable, but...it works and it is cheap.
Jamie
Phantom A54 #44

--
Scott