Re: Gib Track Plugs

Ross Hickey & Donna Hammond

Hi we replaced all our plastic Genoa plugs last year. I had to cut about two millimetre off each one as they were too long. I used a Stanley knife which cut through them easily. Cleaning out the holes was straight forward as the old ones (18 years old) were reasonably crumbly and UV damaged. I coated each one with clear silicon and tapped them in using a wooden dowel and a hammer. Once in it was just a matter of removing any excess silicon.

We are really happy with the job and the attached photo shows plugs in place along with our current COVID project. No the decks aren’t blue that’s masking tape.

Ross and Donna
SV INTREPID KIWI
SM2K #356
Currently in Finike, Turkey

On Thursday, December 10, 2020, 11:54 am, Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...> wrote:

Aquarius was fitted with new plugs on the Genoa Track, used 5200. Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phe2_3JAji0

About 12:58 minutes is where it shows the new plugs.  I am happy with them, they were provided by AMEL and they fit.   Installed only 10 months ago.

Ken Powers
Aquarius Currently on the hard in Thailand.
SM2K262