Re: VHF Cable Replacement

Thomas Peacock

Hi Mark,

I am also in the process of replacing the VHF antenna. As they say, I’m not expert, but….

My understanding is that sea air can creep into anywhere. This is especially true where there are connections. Our SM has coax coming down the antenna, then connecting to coax that goes to the radio. My plan is to bypass the connection, and just run coax (connected at the antenna) in one piece all the way back to the radio, I guess about 80 feet of coax.

Tom Peacock
SM 240 Aletes
Chesapeake Bay

On Dec 11, 2020, at 3:17 PM, Mark Erdos <mcerdos@...> wrote:

A question to those who needed to replace the VHF cable in the main mast: Did you also need to replace the VHF cable from the base of the mast to the rear of the radio?

Thanks.

With best regards,

Mark

Skipper