Re: Watermaker: Dessalator D60 Freedom Pump Problem

Ann-Sofie, S/Y Lady Annila

It might be the brushes on the electric motor that has been worn down. You find 4 of those under plastic covers, replace them and life should get back to normal.
If your electric motor is dead Dessalator offers you a new one for €1400. They also offer a kit with lipseals and o-rings for your high pressure pump that might be needed

Regards
Ann-Sofie & Jonas
S/Y Lady Annila
SM232, 1998

Skickat från min iPhone

14/12/2020 kl. 12:11 skrev Alan "Woody" Wood <woody@...>:

Re: Dessalator D60 Freedom: 1996 No: 630046 Type: MBT1141L

I wondered if anyone could help resolve this issue?

I replaced the membranes a few weeks ago but since then the pump doesn't seem to work - it just doesn't pump water to the membranes.

I've tried priming the pump by pouring water directly into the intake (it took about two litres when switched off - not sure where it all went) but it barely draws a dribble when switched on, even though the motor seems to be working fine.

I didn't touch the pump at all when changing the membranes so could it be the high pressure hose? Is there anything I might try like testing for air leaks? I looked at the exploded diagram and there doesn't seem to be a diaphragm to check so frankly I'm baffled :/

Cheers

Woody
SV Mothership