Re: A54 bow thruster emergency switch

ngtnewington Newington

Hi Bill,

It is odd that Amel did not fit the red stop button on all the 54’s.

Looking forward to getting back to Amelia in the spring and fingers crossed that the vaccine rollout will be well underway and we can go back to some normality.

All the best

Nick

On 16 Dec 2020, at 15:27, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Nick, in my experience, some, but not all Emergency Cut-Off Red Buttons were installed at Amel when the 54 was built. I am not sure if there is a time or a reason, but I have had clients that did not have this installed and Amel had sent them a kit.

Bill
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Wed, Dec 16, 2020 at 1:15 AM ngtnewington Newington via groups.io <ngtnewington=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Bill et al,
My 54 Hull 019 had the red stop button from when I bought her in 2017. In addition there is a description of its use and photo in the owners manual.
My feeling is that it was installed from new, at the factory.
Nick
S/Y Amelia
AML54-019
Leros Gr

On 15 Dec 2020, at 20:43, CW Bill Rouse <brouse@...> wrote:

Jamie, Amel added it later than your production. I would add it if I were you. Please do not quote me, but I thought Amel had a kit for any 54 owner to install this if it wasn't originally installed by Amel
<image.png>

CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Tue, Dec 15, 2020 at 11:07 AM Jamie Wendell <mysticshadow54@...> wrote:
Wolfgang, maybe this switch you are referencing is only on late model A54s. I do not have one to my knowledge.
Where is it located on your boat?
Thanks,
Jamie
Phantom, A54 #44