Re: Adjusting Ultraflex steering cables?

Danny and Yvonne SIMMS

Hi Scott, I think someone has already said this but adjusting the cables to remove play is simple. Same method as used to adjust brake cable on a bicycle. My cables have over 50,000 miles and are fine.

Danny

SM 299

Ocean Pearl

On 17 December 2020 at 00:16 "Mike Longcor (SV Trilogy)" <svtrilogy53@...> wrote:

Hi Scott,

Glad to hear that worked for you. For the other part you mentioned, unless the free play is excessive, I wouldn't worry too much. I've never investigated that part, but perhaps you could unbolt it from the stringer and rotate it 90deg to change the wear points and see if the play is any better. Not sure what replacement parts are available. If the steering is smooth and the cables move free and easy through the full range of motion, then you should be fine.

Cheers,
Mike Longcor
SV Trilogy SM23
New Zealand

On Sun, Dec 13, 2020, 6:39 PM Scott SV Tengah < Scott.nguyen@...> wrote:
Also Olivier - what do you think about the play on the flange/joint where the cable goes through the stringer? We have put a bit over 20 thousand nautical miles on it, so I assume this is a wear item that may just need replacement? Or is there an adjustment procedure?

A bit gun shy now, so figured I'd ask what may be a simple question vs. risk breaking something else!

--
Scott
2007 A54 #69