Re: Waterleak

Craig Briggs

Rudy and José,
While one possibility is leaking around BT seals, I'd suggest also carefully checking the head/anchor wash intake manifold coming off the thru-hull valve. Mine got pinhole corrosion leaks that got progressively worse over a few years until I finally spotted it, thinking all along it was the BT, but it was not.  Also, I'd suggest not closing the valve from the chain locker through the shower when underway - better to let that water flow through to the main grey-water sump and be pumped out. Could also try stuffing something squishy around the anchor chain to prevent sea water from entering the chain locker whilst underway.
Cheers, Craig - SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL