Re: Waterleak

JOSE PRIETO

Hello Bill!
I bought my SM a year ago and according to the ex-owner he did an overhaul on BT.
However I have no doubt that some drops are entering between the seals lips, because when sailing I perceive the subtle movement of the water drops.
Yet it seems to me that there is little water coming in, for the volume of water that appears in the bilge below the passage from the hall to the front cabin.
Yesterday before going out to sail, I removed all the water from that bilge. I sailed for about three hours in a totally calm sea, with a wind of 15 kt. After my arrival I checked the amount of water quite large that could be justified by the drops of BT. I am attaching some pictures.
I believe that there is somewhere else where water is entering.
I will adopt your suggestion from the water detector.
Thank you very much for your guidance and opinions.
At the beginning of next year I will haul the boat and then I will change the seals.
In the meantime, I will continue my search. :(

Thanks for the help

Cheers

--
Jose Prieto