Re: Port side Front Navigation Light unreliable

Gary Wells

I had to run a new wire through the stanchions and all the way round the pulpit to reach the StarBoard side.
It was just a bit challenging, but slowly pulling the old wire out with a strong messenger line behind it and then feeding the new wire back through proved to solve the issue completely.
There were two wires entering the port; stanchion separate legs for each light. If you've only one wire going in then it's likely been branched in the stanchion and I can see that might be a potential problem.  Moisture does get in there.

I did replace Adagio's nav lights with Weems and Plath LED.  It was a very some.swap and they are so much better than the old ones.

Cheers
Gary W., former owner SM 209.