Re: Waterleak

Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...>

These are two different areas.  I had problems with both over the past 4 years, and here is what I found to be the problems:

The front bathroom has the depth transponder.  The leak in this area usually has to do with the O rings that go around the transponder.  Remove the transponder and replace with the transponder with the plug.  Take off all the O Rings, and go down to the local hardware store and buy a replacement set and a few spares.  Replace them, and put a lot of waterproof grease on the transponder shaft.  Replace the shaft.  I was amazed when there was no water in this area for over a year!  Yes, absolutely dry.

Regarding the area in front of the aft bathroom.  Unless you have a problem with the plumbing from the shower base, which would indicate you have many problems, the salt water is coming from 3 locations.  You have a leak around the rudder shaft, or you have a leak in the standing rigging fitting in the closet.  This is the only place that I can think of where you would get salt water intrusion in that area.  So, start checking where the water is coming from.  Dry everything, and start taping paper towels everywhere until you locate the source of the salt water.

All the best,

Ken Powers
Aquarius
SM2K#262