Re: Any SM owners use a Beta engine??

Dirk Hazenoot Maramu Huli 171

Good day Amel lovers,

We are also planning to replace our perkins with a Beta 60 on our Maramu. We also plan to replace our batteries for 8 x 100 Ah lithium batteries. Is it sufficient to have one 175 Amp, 12 Volt Alternator installed on the engine by Beta marine or is it better to install a 175 Amp, 12 Volt Secondary Domestic Alternator separately in addition to the standard 70 Amp, 12 Volt Alternator?

I would like to know from Amel lovers who also use a Beta 60 which Aternator configuration they have applied to their Beta 60.

Ps: what a great forum this is. My thanks to all those who make this forum possible.