Re: Genua Furler on Santorin...stay electrical or go mechanical

Craig Briggs

Hi Volker,
I totally agree with Ian's comments. That your genoa furler works well (unlike your main & outhaul) is great. My only recommendation would be to do some preventive maintenance on it and replace the seals so you do not risk any sea water intrusion. That's a bit of a job because you have to remove the unit, but you can also pull the headstay and regrease that while you're at it.
The motor can easily be removed at a later time for periodic preventive maintenance.
I would fully expect your furler to last many more years.
--
Craig, SN68 Sangaris, Tropic Isle Harbor, FL