From: Volker Hasenauer <volker.hasenauer@...>
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Sent: Thu, Dec 24, 2020 3:21 am
Subject: [AmelYachtOwners] Genua Furler on Santorin...stay electrical or go mechanical

Hello Santorin or Maramu Owners,

I own a Santorin (SN 27) from 1990 which I am planning to overhaul. I bought the boat about a year ago, however due to Covid I was so far not able to do anything with her. The Genua furler is original (fully functional) but I wonder if its a worthwhile project going "backwards" and install a conventional furler instead to renew the entire electrical furler. I did not checked so far the price with Amel for a new electrical furler. My best guess is however that a conventional one may be far cheaper?

Does anyone have experience with such a conversion? I am a bit afraid that I mess with the entire design philosophy of Amel....???

I would be grateful for any ideas....pro & con's

Volker
Aquamarine (Santorin # 27), currently in Malaysia