Re: Port side Front Navigation Light unreliable

Ian Park

Criag, Dave,
My Santorin (96) did not have deck lights or a steaming light fitted when it was built. So I have a single port/starboard unit clamped on the front of the pulpit. The  wires are cable tied to the pulpit and to through the deck. I would like to change to two separate lights as the single one right on the front interferes a little with the use of the ballooner with the potential of causing a rip!
I retrofitted a deck/steaming light. Talking to Amel they said that when built (1994) only masthead lights were required. I'd be interested if there was a date when this changed, and did it apply to the SM or did their extra size warrant deck lights at an earlier date?I

Ian
Ocean Hobo SN96  Happy Christmas