Re: Foredeck dinghy cradle

Philippe Chatton

Hi Ian,
That's what we plan to do.
We did a few tests with a 2.80 meter Avon dinghy + engine.
We could easily lift the dinghy and its engine (25hp) with the genoa winch without problems.
So we decided  to go ahead  with this concept and just ordered a classic 3.40 highfield dinghy.
The tender will go on relativally small nylon covered cradles
Philippe
S/V Chameleon
SM 445
Antibes FR

Le sam. 26 déc. 2020 à 18:02, Ian Townsend <smlocalola@...> a écrit :

Merry Christmas/Joyeaux Noel/Buon Natale to all AMEL Owners. We are considering a new strategy for our dinghy and have a few questions for anyone that might be able to help.

1. Foredeck storage cradle. Who has done this? Do you have pictures? How does it fasten to the deck? Is it foldable/removable? Do you store it upside down? If not, do you keep the outboard on or off?
2. Maximum length and beam. I note that SV Delos has an 11 ft. Oceancraft on a cradle. Anyone with different experience?
3. Balance. How is boat balance affected with foredeck storage and the motor still on the dinghy?
4. Any other things I should consider?

Thanks and to everyone, please stay safe, healthy and happy.

ian Townsend
SM153
Loca Lola II
Bahamas