Re: Foredeck dinghy cradle

Alan Leslie

Hello all,

I concur with some on this issue.
It reminds me of all those (mostly US) long keel yachts I used to see with jerricans of fuel and water, as well as surfboards and other junk, tied to the stanchions.
Holy moly, if they ever got serious green water over the boat, all that would be lost, as well as the stanchions and the lifelines.
I can't count the number of times Elyse's foredeck has been awash with the sea in tough conditions, and been so glad that everything was stored below.
We are not quite in that situation now.
We used to have an inflatable floor Avon which we always packed up and stowed before heading out.
Now we have a Highfield RIB which clearly we cannot stow.
We travel with it strapped upside down on the aft cabin roof with a cover on it and wide webbing straps to hold it in place.
It's not perfect but MUCH better than having it on the foredeck I'm sure.
Cheers
Alan
Elyse SM437