From: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io [mailto:main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io] On Behalf Of Danny and Yvonne SIMMS
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2020 1:00 AM
To: main@AmelYachtOwners.groups.io
Subject: Re: [AmelYachtOwners] Placement of Beta 60 in an Amel Maramu #replacement

Hi. The Beta spunds a good option. However I repkced my tmd22 with  volvo d275 and with 1300 hpurs up it is going well. Plus points. It has significantly more torque. Even with the propellor barnacle encrusted it pulls its standard 3000 rpm. Existing gearbox bolted on. Enging mount hole  positioning was identical, fitted perfectly onto the egine bearers. All we had to do was make new forward end spacers to align the engine. Could not have been easier.

It is significantly lighter than the tmd22 and this shows in the fore aft trim. It is a turbo. But no timing belt. It is a push rod engine, not ohc. I did not make up the spacer alignment tool for this job, nor for the engine mout repacement this year. No difficulties at all. Nil vibration.

Regards

Danny

SM 299

Ocean pearl

On 30 December 2020 at 16:35 "michael winand via groups.io" <mfw642000@...> wrote:

The Beta 60 has more torque than the tmd22. The hp is measured at the gearbox output
I would say that the Beta 60 has the same power as the tmd22 but lower in the rev range. My cruising revs is around 1800 and 6kn  flat out 2200 and 7.5 kn in flat calm water. 30kn wind on the nose would be 4kn

The cubic capacity makes a difference.  It is nice to have no  turbo  and no timing belt.

Michael Nebo sm251

On Wed, 30 Dec 2020 at 1:03 pm, Germain Jean-Pierre

<jp.germain45@...> wrote:

Hello Larry on Sulawesi,

Is the Beta 60 sufficient for an SM?  A

2

Curious as I would like a non TC engine when I have to replace my Volvo TDM22.

Kind regards,

Jean-Pierre Germain, Eleuthera, SM007, NZ

On 30 Dec 2020, at 14:08, Larry Salibra <larry@...> wrote:

Hi Dirk,

Sula (SM 140) also has a Beta 60 fitted by the previous owner. She has the standard 70 amp 12v insulated return alternator and the 24v 60amp insulated return secondary alternator. No adjustments were made to oil and fuel filters.

Larry
SM140 Sula
Hong Kong