Re: "Apple is examining a chemistry for the car battery called LFP, or lithium iron phosphate, for its car", that will bring the cost down for all of us

JOHN HAYES

And there is research going on at Victoria university in Wellington to build an aluminium lithium battery which should in time bring costs down to ........according to the lead researcher

On 31/12/2020, at 7:39 PM, Jeff Williams <jeff99williams@...> wrote:

Ken,
What brand did you get?
Jeff
S/V Spruzzo SM #379

On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 1:12 AM Ken Powers SV Aquarius <ken@...> wrote:
I don't know how the cost could come down too much more...  I got 600AH at 24V for $3600.   The only thing I regret is not getting one more battery so I would have 900AH at 24V.

The price has come down so much that in Thailand it is more expensive to get AGM batteries than LiFePO4.

Ken
Aquarius
SM262