Re: SM 2000 Mizzen Spreader Deck Light

Jeff Williams

Hi Gary,
I was referring to the cockpit area light mounted on the forward aspect of the mizzen mast.

The old bulb housing was very rusted along with the internal mount for the bulb.  I've ordered a new bulb but am not 100% sure how to mount it inside the housing.
It is a 50W PAR36 bulb, not LED.
Jeff

On Mon, Jan 4, 2021 at 6:03 AM Gary Silver via groups.io <garysilver=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Jeff, Are you referring to the cockpit area light mounted on the forward aspect of the mizzen mast, or are there actually spreader lights on the mizzen mast spreaders? If the later is the case I don't believe spreader lights were standard on SMs.  At least spreader lights weren't standard thru hull # 335 and I suspect the same for # 379.  Others might have information on post # 335 hull numbers.  A photo would be helpful.

All the best,  Gary S. Silver, M.D.  , until recently the original and only owner of s/v Liahona   Amel SM 2000 # 335, Puerto Del Rey Puerto Rico