Re: Amel Maramu Jib sail halyard snapped

Kevin Schmit

How about dropping the mainsail and using that halyard?

On Jan 4, 2021, at 3:25 PM, Benjamin Thibault <benjaminfthibault@...> wrote:

Good afternoon Amel community. I’ve purchased an amel Maramu 46 and slowly learning the basics of it. While sailing yesterday the jib sail halyard snapped and I need to replace it.

My problem is this. I just realized they are no spare halyard to pull someone on top of the mast to do the necessary fix. The only solution I see for now is attaching another temporary rope to the mainsail halyard and try to use it to create a temporary halyard to bring someone up the main mast to make the necessary repair to add a new halyard to the jib sail.

Before getting into this endevour, I wanted to ask the community if they have any other idea??? Cause I’m lost for word that they are no spare halyard on the mast.

Thx
Ben
Bon Edda
Amel Maramu 202