Re: Heater installed by factory Amel 54

Randall Walker

Hello Eric,

Yes, I have a Wabasto heater in my 54. They work great, but if you haven't run it in a while the first usage will have a terrible smell. That goes away.
The air intake is below the mizzen mast in the cockpit. Check in the portside locker of the cockpit and check that the vent piping is all secure to the Wabasto.
Sometimes they won't start on the first try if not used in a while. So you need to start it and wait, you should hear the heater fan, the fuel pump should sound like a small thumping, I can hear my pump while standing in the passageway. The pump is in the engine compartment next to the fuel tank. if it shuts off just turn the switch off, wait a minute try again, and repeat.

Cheers,
Randall
A54#56

On Wed, Jan 6, 2021 at 12:45 AM eric freedman <kimberlite@...> wrote:

Hi ,

Does anyone in the group have a heater installed by the factory in an Amel 54?

Fair Winds

Eric

Kimberlite Amel Super Maramu #376