Re: SM Fresh water pressure tank

Dan,

It is probably the rubber bladder that separates the water from the air inside the accumulator. Since SM 387 was new the accumulator tank was replaced only one time about 7-8 years ago. I bought the tank from Amel. The Shurflo 3400-002 is a direct replacement for the upgraded pump #88B, but you have 66B. I would say it is time. I did not try replacing the bladder. I understand that this can be done. Possibly someone here can give you input on that.

You may have trouble locating the tank. TF Marine made pump HA-60, the photo below.  TF Marine pumps are readily available in Europe, and some from SAV@..., but hard to buy outside of Europe.
http://www.tfmarine.it/
info@...
TF Marine srl - 55049 - LUCCA - Italy
Tel.:+39-0584-33.82.38

image.png
CW Bill Rouse Amel Owners Yacht School
View My Training Calendar

On Thu, Jan 7, 2021 at 9:30 AM Dan Carlson <carlsdan61@...> wrote:
Hello, my fresh water pressure accumulator tank is loosing pressure and then the pump has to cycle frequently when using water.

I have added air to the tank a number of times now and it escapes over a few days. I also removed the air fill valve and inspected and put silicone on the rubber seal and valve.

Does anyone else have troubleshooting experience? Or replacement?

I am currently in Antigua.

Photo of tank attached.

Thanks and regards, Daniel Carlson on sv BeBe, SM#387